Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Our story ♡

As a missionary I faithfully wrote in my journal everyday but since then I have not written once. I have a goal to start writing so that one day I can look back and relive the many wonderful moments in my life. I decided to start a blog to share experiences and things I've learned that have helped me to grow. The first story I want to start with is the story of my husband TJ and I and how we met.


I have been home from my mission for a year and a half and at first dating was not fun for me it was actually pretty discouraging. I knew what I wanted and what I was looking for but I hadn't found it and I was getting impatient. I wondered when or if I would ever meet my eternal companion. I decided to leave Burley and go to school in Rexburg at BYU-I. Little did I know that would lead me to meet TJ. The first few months at school I went on a few dates but had no success and I began to wonder again would I ever meet someone. Finally I decided to try an app that I'd heard people talking about and I was pretty skeptical but I did it and that's how TJ and I came in contact. He was going to school at Idaho State University and I was in Rexburg so we didn't meet in person right away. He sent me a message and we began to talk (He claims I messaged him first but I know it was him) a couple weeks after we started talking he decided to come up to Rexburg and meet me and as soon as I met him I knew he was special and there was something different about him that I hadn't noticed in anyone else. Shortly after we met I left for a trip to visit my mission and I was gone for almost a month and I figured oh by the time I get back he will have forgot about me and moved on but to my surprise he hadn't! (We talked or skype every single day while I was gone!) I came home and 3 months later on August 1st he proposed! We were married on October 9th, 2015 and it was the most beautiful day! I am so grateful to have been married in the temple for time and all eternity to such a wonderful man who loves me unconditionally and he loves me for me! He is patient, kind, compassionate, generous and the most loving person I know. I truly am the luckiest woman in the world to have TJ as my husband. Life isn't always easy and yes we have had disagreements but life isn't perfect and we all make mistakes. TJ and I may not be perfect but we are perfect together. We are still growing together but I love him more and more each day! He was worth the wait and Heavenly Father put him into my life at the most perfect time! Heavenly Father knows what he is doing! Trust in Him and in His timing because he truly does know what is best! Don't get discouraged when things aren't turning out like you want them to because God has a plan and he will always do what's best for us. We can't always see the bigger picture and that is why Faith and Trust are so important. I'm grateful to have a knowledge of the gospel and for the places it has led me to and the choices it has helped me to make. I love my husband and I'm excited to see what life and eternity have in store for us! I am so ready and excited for the adventures to come ♡ :)


No comments:

Post a Comment